Skip to main content

World of Style



Went to visit the World of Style over the weekend. Wasn't intending to, but my Tiles Consultant rang up during the week to inform me that I needed to rechoose one of my Tiles (Belgium Diamond Lapparto) as they have been discontinued.




It turned out to be quite a good thing as the new World of Style display warehouse is absolutely fabtaculous! It's huge, has much more on display, better staffed, and my wife thinks they were much more friendlier and knowledgeable too compared to our Hopetoun experience.

First up, there is now a cafe inside. No more getting coupons and having to walk across the road! Apparently the coffee is not bad but we didn't get a chance to try it out before it shut up shop around 4pm.


Some nice artwork to go with the cafe

You'll know when it is time to go to the loo



The entrance past the cafe and reception desk

Targeting the Chinese market? 

The frameless shower option (~$2000 each). I've asked my BC to double check that I will be getting the bracket clips just as displayed (as opposed to a channel fixing which I think makes it look more like semi-frameless)

Here's the semi-frameless shower screen. This looks like the Stegbar Grange series. Wonder if it is now part of the standard promo? For any new starters reading this, remember to ask your BC what semi-frameless shower you are getting. 

This is our kado arc freestanding bath tub. We swapped the spa for this. 

Not sure what this one is but it looks good!

The range of shower heads. We have the round rain shower one, 2nd from the right - The Nickles Fresh Twin Rail Shower.

This wasn't at Hopetoun before. No idea which grate I'm getting. I'll find out soon enough. 



We went for the Mizu Drift range of towel rails, rings, and toilet roll holders. 

Tapware & Mixers. Again, we went for the Mizu Drift to match

Kitchen and Laundry Tapware. Much much more than was on display at Hopetoun.

Basins galore

There's our Kado Lux in wall toilet

Roof Tiles. Looks like the range of profiles has expanded. From memory, I only had five or so to choose from!

And now comes in Terracotta!

Floor and Wall Tiles are now together in the one showroom, instead of away at National Tiles. Love these floorboard style tiles! Unfortunately they are an extra $100+ per square metre on top of the standard tiles, which means if you want to tile areas that do not come with any standard tiles (eg. a full wall), it could cost $150+ per square metre! I'll stick with my current Belgium Stone ones thanks. 

Brick columns! Much much easier to see how they would look when there's a few stacked together. My Hawthorn bricks looked quite bland and dull in the one single brick they had on show back at Hopetoun. Luckily I'd already seen quite a few other houses with the Hawthorn bricks so didn't have to rely on Hopetoun's dismal sample display one. 

Fireplaces. Can't afford them myself but I totally agree they would be an amazing feature in any room. A friend even has ones in his master bedroom!


Laser Cut Screens

Pizza Oven!

Outdoor settings. Not sure if they are also selling these tables and seats. 

More tables tables tables. Must just be for people to sit and rest after a long day walking through the warehouse. 

Kitchens

Kitchen Island. I was told they couldn't do the panels at the back of the island like this. Going to show my BC this photo. 

Lighting. Do they include these lights now? 


Outdoor and Wall lighting

Last but probably most importantly... a kids games room! Here's a free cross-promotional link for my friend's kids' furniture store, Little Nest, whom I assume is where they purchased these cute pieces from.

There is also a movie room that my kids snuck into but I forgot to snap a photo of it. Will do if I go back there again.

In the end, I did rechoose my tile. I chose the Belgium Stone Ice Lapparto as the replacement. Here's the Belgium Stone Lavagna Lapparto (our 'feature' wall tile), Belgium Stone Ice Lapparto (new choice), and a sample patch of our Espresso Ligna Impressions cabinet. 


Today, I got a confirmation from Priscilla, my Tiles consultant, that I could also used this for my Master Ensuite. I had originally selected a completely different choice of tiles (Ivory Pearl). This was fantastic news, as they were not obligated to change that for me aswell. Now can't wait for the end result. Tiles have been tentatively booked to be delivered end of November. Counting down!!

Comments

  1. Looks like a great place to visit! Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having glass pool fencing could greatly help you in protecting your children from any danger that could happen around your pool!
    semi frameless glass pool fencing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interior Paint - Wattyl Winter Mushroom

Painting is complete. We've gone for the grey finish to the walls. Here's how the Winter Mushroom looks. Originally we thought of doing white for the architraves and doors but got convinced by the colour consultant to use the same paint all round. Was a bit worried at first but it has come off nicely. 

Cedar Plank Palandri Carpets Laid

Carpets were laid just before Christmas except for the master bedroom which was getting its squeaks fixed .  We picked the Palandri Category 2 carpets in Cedar Plank colour. Nothing too fancy as Category 2 was the included freebie and we didn't want to pay the Porter Davis premium for upgrades. Figured when it's better to let the kids wear out this one and replace it in a few years time at a much cheaper cost per square metre. Here's a roll of carpet. The most excited I've ever been to see a roll of carpet :)

PCI Checklist

My Practical Completion Inspection is on in about 12 hours time! Here's a comprehensive checklist I've copied from the Homeone forums.